In order to grow, sell, and distribute cannabis in California for business purposes you must have a license to operate issued by the California Department of Cannabis Control.

Licenses are given for three major categories of business: Commercial, Cultivation, and Manufacturer.

Commercial licenses may be: Distributor, Distributor – Transport Only, Event Organizer, Microbusiness, Retailer, Retailer – Non-Storefront, or Testing Laboratory.

Cultivation licenses can be for All, Medium Indoor, Medium Mixed-Light Tier 1, Medium Mixed-Light Tier 2, Medium Outdoor, Nursery, Processor, Small Indoor, Small Mixed-Light Tier 1, Small Mixed-Light Tier 2, Small Outdoor, Specialty Cottage Indoor, Specialty Cottage Mixed-Light Tier 1, Specialty Cottage Mixed-Light Tier 2, Specialty Cottage Outdoor, , Speciality Indoor, Speciality Mixed-Light Tier 1, Speciality Mixed-Light Tier 2, Speciality Outdoor.

Manufacturer licenses can be for All, Type 7, Type 6, Type N, Type P, and Type S.

Log in to your account