We respect the privacy of our visitors. We collect only such personal information as is needed to provide the information, service, or assistance that you request in the process of using this website.
Information We Collect Automatically
If you visit our website to browse, read, or download information, your web browser automatically sends us (and we may retain) information such as the:
- Internet domain through which you access the Internet (e.g., yourServiceProvider.com if you use a commercial Internet service provider, or yourSchool.edu if you use an Internet account from your school);
- Internet Protocol address of the computer you are using;
- type of browser software and operating system you are using;
- date and time you access our site; and
- the Internet address of the site from which you linked directly to our site.
We will use this information as aggregate data to help us maintain this site, e.g., to determine the number of visitors to different sections of our site, to ensure the site is working properly, and to help us make our site more accessible and useful.
We will not use this information to identify individuals, except for site security or, if requested, for law enforcement purposes.
We will not obtain personally-identifying information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information.
Other Information We Collect: Contact forms
If you choose to identify yourself (or otherwise provide us with personal information) when you use our online forms (for example, our Contact form):
- We will collect (and may retain) any personally identifying information, such as your name, street address, email address, and phone number, and any other information you provide. We will use this information to try to fulfill your request and may use it provide you with additional information at a later time.
- If you request information, services, or assistance, we may disclose your personal information to those third parties that (in our judgment) are appropriate in order to fulfill your request.
- If, when you provide us with such information, you specify that you do not want us to disclose the information to third parties, we will honor your request.
- Note, however, that if you do not provide such information, it may be impossible for us to refer, respond to or fulfill your request.
How Long We Keep Information
We may keep information that will collect for an unlimited period of time.
Please note that electronic communication, particularly email, is not necessarily secure against interception. Please do not send sensitive data (e.g., Social Security, bank account, or credit card numbers) by email or web form.
Jetpack & Automattic
This site uses Automattic’s Jetpack service for tracking and protection. The terms of Jetpack’s tracking and protection services can be read at “Jetpack Privacy Center.”
We use a tool called “Google Analytics” to collect information about use of this site.
- Google Analytics collects information such as how often users visit this site, what pages they visit when they do so, and what other sites they used prior to coming to this site.
- We use the information we get from Google Analytics only to improve this site.
- Google Analytics collects only the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit this site, rather than your name or other identifying information.
- We do not combine the information collected through the use of Google Analytics with personally identifiable information.
- Although Google Analytics plants a permanent cookie on your web browser to identify you as a unique user the next time you visit this site, the cookie cannot be used by anyone but Google.
- You can prevent Google Analytics from recognizing you on return visits to this site by disabling cookies on your browser.
California Consumer Privacy Act
In accordance with the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), we “implement and maintain reasonable security procedures and practices.”
Note: This policy was adapted from the website of the US House of Representatives in February, 2020.