National Dab Day, 710, or 7/10 (aka July 10th), is widely considered to be a holiday for consuming cannabis oil products, including dabs and concentrates. 710 day takes place annually on July 10th, or 7/10. This year the 710 weed holiday is on Sunday, July 10, 2022.
Why is 710 dab day? When did 710 become a thing?
710 became a thing in California about a decade ago by enthusiasts of dabbing. 710 is dab day because the number is code for concentrates (flip it upside down and it spells “oil,” which is a general term for weed concentrates).
What does 710 mean for weed?
7/10 started as a holiday about a decade ago in California. If you turn 710 upside down it spells oil, a word that’s used to describe cannabis products that result from extracting concentrated resin from the plant. Oil refers to hash oil, shatter, wax, resin, rosin etc.
What is a 710 celebration?
When you’re ready to celebrate, concentrates are fun to smoke and have a much higher concentration of cannabinoids (THC and CBD) and terpenes. They can be smoked by vaporizing the oil using a bong with a dab rig or an eDab device like Puffco. Or, you can simply add concentrates on top of your regular weed and smoke it.
Below we give suggestions for the best concentrates to try this 7/10.
First, let’s define some of the terminology used:
- live rosin
- ice water hash
- cold cure live
- 90u, 120u
- butane hash oil
Definitions & Types of Concentrates
Oil. Oil is any concentrate produced with CO2 or butane as a solvent, which produces a liquid concentrate. More liquid than other types, used in vapes. More refined oil is called distillate, used for edibles and topicals.
Shatter. Shatter is a form of butane hash oil. It uses solvents to produce a glassy shard of hard concentrate. Shatter is refined, extracted using CO2 or Butane.
Crumble. Crumble is a form of butane hash oil that has been whipped or vacuumed.
Wax. Wax is concentrate from butane extraction, creating a sticky resin. In many cases it is “failed shatter.”
Wax budder, (badder wax) is extracted using butane. Nuanced forms of wax include budder, batter, sugar, crumble, and more. Wax is made by whipping, and budder/butter/badder/batter is made by whipping it even more.
Sugar wax is produced through butane extraction and includes a mix of sauce and crystals.
Sauce/Sugar is crystals in oil, usually made from butane extraction. Terp sauce is sauce with a high amount of terpenes.
Crystalline/Isolate is the purest form of THC, with no other chemicals. Extracted using a solvent, then processed using heat and agitation.
Live Resin from live plant, not dried/cured; plant is often first frozen and stays frozen all throughout extraction process. Uses solvents, usually CO2 or butane.
Live Rosin comes from a live plant, not one that has been dried or cured. The plant may first be flash frozen, called cold cure. Uses heat and pressure, no solvents.
Bubble Hash/Ice Wax/Full Melt/Solventless Wax/Water Hash is hash produced by ice water extraction. No solvents are used, instead freezing cold water is used to freeze and separate the trichomes. Full melt means it leaves basically no ash when it burns up.
Live, Fresh-Frozen; Nug Run, Trim Run. The three types of weed that you start with. Is it live, has it been flash-frozen from a living plant, or has it been cured and dried? If cured and dried, is it the flower or the trim?
Dry Sift Hash dried weed chopped up finely and pressed through sifts plus low heat/pressure.
Rosin extracted from dried buds using heat and pressure. Solventless.
Persy live rosin 710 Labs own terminology for live rosin that has been pulled from 90u full melt water hash.
Hash made from pressing together the trichomes of the plant into a dense cake. Oldest method for making concentrates.
Dry Ice Hash. Uses extra-cold dry ice to create a concentrated, dusty hash.
Rick Simpson Oil (RSO). Solvent-based cannabis oil extract, made by soaking cannabis in naptha or isopropyl alcohol. For skin (topical) or ingestible.
Honey oil. Oil concentrate made by soaking plant in acetone.
Butane Hash Oil soaking plant in butane. Can turn into wax or shatter. Any concentrate using butane as a solvent is BHO. Most of those mentioned above are BHO.
Supercritical CO2 extraction uses carbon dioxide and pressure.
Rosin press. Uses heat and pressure, no solvents. Live rosin uses fresh frozen material.
Dry sift, kief made from dry sieves that separate using a fine mesh screen and the resulting resin and kief pressed together.
Tincture. Tinctures are concentrates produced through steam alcohol extraction. Ethanol extraction can also be used. Usually cannabis oil is embedded or diffused into another oil or alcohol. Usually intended for oral ingestion, not for smoking.
Distillate is a refined, high potency, extraction using a solvent.
Isolates. Just one cannabinoid, eg. THC.
Full-spectrum. Term used when a concentrate has all of the cannabinoids and terpenes.
120u. Measurement of the screen size of screens used to make ice water hash. 120 is less pure, but common; 90u is smaller so more pure.
Concentrates Tier System
Some concentrates makers will refer to the “tier” of their product. Below is 710 Labs’ discussion of what these tiers mean for them:
- Tier 1. The Best (of the best) ($$$$): Only perfection from seed to sale of exotic, low-yielding, or difficult strains will ever obtain the Tier One rank.
- Tier 2. Perfection ($$$): Tier 2 is considered perfection from seed to sale for many of the strains
- Tier 3. Greatness ($$): Tier 3 is more affordable than Tier 2s, yet they still often resemble Tier 1 or 2 products. For high-yeilding, easy and fast growing, plentiful varietals they often fall into a Tier 3, without losing or lacking any of the quality seen in the Tier 2 range.
- Tier 4. Goodness ($$): Tier 4s are a steal and used for two things: affordable extracts and collaborations.
“710 Labs implemented the Tier system to account for the natural and unavoidable variances in quality from batch to batch. As a small-batch, craft producer, the tier system accounts for these variations in batches allowing them to be priced accordingly.”
Top Picks for 7/10 Celebrations 2022
These are the best concentrates on the market in 2022 for your 710 celebrations.
- 710 Labs 1st Press Live Rosin in the strain Donny Burger. $70/g First press hash rosin made from a full spectrum of trichome heads. Store in the freezer. Dab between 480 530°F. Donny Burger water hash has been smacking us right in the face for the past month or so and smells like a Diet GMO with an OGKB spiciness at the end, like peppered-petrol. The hash itself is greasy, very sticky but playful like kinetic sand. If you’re a fan of flagging/finger pressing your hash, this stuff makes perfect water hash terp strips, clear as day. Straight juice filled trichomes.
- 710 Labs Persy Live Rosin in the strain GMO. $90/g Our personal stash. 90μ hash pressed into rosin. Store in the freezer. Dab between 480 530°F.
- 710 Labs 1st Press Live Rosin in the strain Lemon Heads #4. $80/g First press hash rosin made from a full spectrum of trichome heads. Store in the freezer. Dab between 480 530°F. Lemon Heads #4 is great as a solventless extract and allows us to bring one of our favorite flavor profiles of the Lemon G plant with a hint of gas to new solventless dabbers. Expect a heavy lemon candy flavor.
- 710 Labs Persy Live Rosin in the strain Black Mamba #6. $110/g
- 710 Labs 2nd Press Live Rosin in the strain OGKB 2.1 #7. Second press hash rosin made from a full spectrum of trichome heads. Store in the freezer. Dab between 480 530°F.
- 710 Labs Water Hash in the strain Sugar Shack. $100/g
- 710 Labs Persy Live Rosin Tier 2 in the strain Sunset Cookies x Lemon Heads #4. $100/g
- 710 Labs Persy Rosin Sauce Tier 3 in the strain Grease Monkey #15. $100/g
- 710 Labs Persy Live Rosin in the strain Ghost Hulk #25 x Randy Watzon #13. $80/g
- 710 Labs Live Rosin Tier 2 in the strain Blueberry Haze. $70/g
- Ahti Farms Hash in the strain Luma Punch. $45/1g
- Bear Labs Budder in the strain Mac 1 (Caps Cut). $30/g
- Cali Stripe Live Rosin Batter in the strain Fatso. $65/g
- Cannabiotix Sugar in the strain Cereal Milk. $40/g Through the process of hydrocarbon extraction our solvent-based concentrates consistently deliver a single-sourced high quality experience that captures the essence of some of our most unique in-house genetics. We have adopted a variety of tools and methods to ensure that all the indoor flower we use for our concentrates is harvested at the appropriate time, freshly frozen, and immediately processed at cryogenic temperatures to capture the full flavor of each extracted strain. Our extracts then undergo a low temperature, low vacuum purge process, to clean our concentrates of all remaining solvent while also preserving the highest level of terpenes and cannabinoids.
- CBX Terp Sugar in the strain GM-uhOh. $40/g
- Collins Ave Liquid Flower Tincture in the strain Pink Rozay. In proud partnership with the legacy brand, OM Edibles. $50/g
- De La Creme Live Rosin in the strain Garlic Mimosa. $95/g
- De la Creme Live Rosin in the strain GPS. $80/g
- De la Creme Live Rosin in the strain Papaya Cake. $80/g
- Feeling Frosty Cold Cure Live Rosin in the strain Blue Razzleberry. $70/g
- Feeling Frosty Cold Cure Live Rosin in the strain Blueberry Yum Yum. $75/g
- Friendly Farms Live Rosin Sauce in the strain Chantelle Cream. $85/g
- Hash and Flowers Hash Rosin in the strain Rotten Bananas. $65/g
- Have Hash Cold Cure Live Rosin in the strain Key Lime Parfait. $65/g
- Have Hash Cold Cure Live Rosin in the strain Pink Zemonade. $65/g
- Jetty Live Resin Dablicator in the strain Headband. $45/g
- JFarmz in the strain Georgia Pie Waffles & Syrup $50/g
- Kaizen Concentrate Live Rosin Badder in the strain Wedding Cake. $56/g
- Kaizen Extracts Solventless Live Rosin Badder in the strain Banana Cheesecake. $55/g
- Kaizen Extracts Solventless Live Rosin Cold Cure in the strain Gelato Cake. $55
- Kalya Live Rosin in the strain Bp Wilson. $70
- Kalya in the strain Grapes N Cream. $70
- Kalya x True Classic Cold Cure Live Rosin in the strain Smoreoz $70
- Alien Labs x Kalya Cold Cure Live Rosin in the strain Alienade. $65
- Korova Shatter in the strain Sweet Amnesia, $25
- La Family Farms Rosin in the strain Rainbows Belts$75
- LA Family Farms Rosin in the strain Jealousy. $65
- Panacea x Frosty Live Rosin in the strain Appuru Pai. $65 Experience the true essence of the cannabis plant with Panacea Live Rosin. This product is overflowing with natural cannabis terpenes, resulting in a crystalline-rich hash oil loaded with flavor and terpy deliciousness. Cold cure rosin is multi-spectrum rosin that contains the full bodied flavor from mixed grades of the strain. Feeling Frosty recommends keeping all their products in a temperature-controlled room or a fridge between 30-50 degrees Fahrenheit for for optimal terpene retention.
- Panacea x Feeling Frosty Live Rosin in the strain Iceez. $65
- Panacea x Feeling Frosty Live Rosin in the strain Tokyo Cream. $65
- Papa & Barkley 120U Water Hash in the strain Garlic Cookies. $65
- Papa & Barkley 90U Water Hash in the strain Holy Nana Crack. $65
- Papa’s Select Premium Live Rosin Badder in the strain Fatso. $60
- Punch Edibles & Extracts Hash Rosin Tier 2 in the strain Fatso. $95
- Punch Edibles & Extracts Tier 1 Hash Rosin in the strain Gizmoz. $100
- Punch Edibles & Extracts Badder Tier 1 Hash Rosin in the strain GMO. $85
- Punch Edibles & Extracts Tier 1 Hash Rosin in the strain Tropicana Zkittlez. $82
- Punch Edibles & Extracts Tier 2 Hash Rosin in the strain Tropsanto. $70
- Punch Extracts Live Rosin in the strain Caribbean Passion. $50
- Raw Garden Refined Live Resin Crushed Diamonds in the strain Tropical Storm. $65/g
- Rezn Rosin in the strain Apple Soda. $50 Created by cannabis extraction specialists with a passion for superior quality concentrates, REZN Extracts has been a dominant force in the world of hashmakers by producing award winning solventless rosin and full melt rich in flavor and potency. The REZN philosophy of prioritizing taste and experience over yield and output guarantees nothing less than premium product, every time. From perfectly cold cured rosin to potent full melt ice water hash, each batch is hand crafted with an emphasis on enhanced flavor profiles and terpene preservation. Unlike many other concentrate brands who focus on bulk production by extracting massive quantities of sub-par outdoor or greenhouse trim, REZN chooses to extract from only the highest quality indoor fresh frozen flower, resulting in small batch runs of premium hash that are highly sought after by hash heads and connoisseurs throughout California.
- Rezn Rosin in the strain Crescendo. $50
- Rosin Tech Lab Live Rosin in the strain LA Kush Cake. $65
- Rosin Tech Labs x Sours Live Rosin Fresh Pressed in the strain Fresh Squeezed. Rosin Tech Labs x SOURS presents: Fresh Squeezed Live Rosin. Live rosin is a solventless extract of which the starting material is made from fresh frozen cannabis. The fresh frozen material is first processed into ice water hash. The ice water hash is then pressed through a fine screen in between parchment using a combination of heat and pressure to further refine the resin into a particulate free solventless concentrate called live rosin. Because of this extreme care, the final extracted product boasts fresh terpenes and a potent cannabinoid profile
- Royal Key x Suprize Suprize Live Rosin in the strain GMOB. $85
- Suprize Suprize Live Rosin in the strain Papaya Valley Goo. $60 This terpene rich concentrate is made exclusively from fresh frozen cannabis flowers. (No additives or distillate)
- Terpx 90u Live Rosin in the strain Papaya. $70
- The Original Z $40 Live Resin Wax in the strain Ztrawberriez.
- The Original Z Live Rosin in the strain Zkittlez. $95
- West Coast Cure Diamonds in the strain Pineapple Pound Cake. $50/g
- Wonderbrett Badder in the strain Lemon Oz Kush. $50
- Wonderbrett Premium Live Badder in the strain Pink Picasso. $79